New puppy join your family? How exciting!
We know how important proper socialization is for creating a happy and well-adjusted pup.
- Up to 18 weeks (16 weeks developmentally)
- Learning at every experience
- Can learn to bully or be bullied if not monitored in group play
- Aren’t physically developed and can hurt themselves
- Are at greater risk when exposed to unvaccinated dogs
- Benefit from limited play or our puppy play experience
- Need rest but energetic behavior is often misinterpreted as needing more exercise when rest is the key
Did you adopt an adult dog? Click here to learn about our Rescue Dog Welcome Week program!
Puppy Socialization in a time of COVID-19
Given the current shelter in place environment that puppies are being born into, it’s more difficult than ever for pet parents to ensure that their new pups get the proper amount of socialization. As a result, we are now offering a new program, Puppy’s Day Out, every Tuesday of the week from 10AM-4PM that’s designed to offer puppies up to 5 months a condensed day of daycare with activities specifically geared toward proper socialization and building comfort with new things.
Why A Puppy’s Day Out Program?
Research has shown that the first 20 weeks of a puppy’s life are crucial to their social development. Puppies that have a wide variety of positive experiences with people, environments and other animals will be better able to calmly accept these things when they are adults.
What’s Included in a Puppy’s Day Out?
10:00am – 11:00am Drop-off
11:00am – 12:30pm Puppy Play Group
12:30pm – 2:00pm Lunch & Rest*
2:00pm – 3:00pm Puppy Socialization Exercises**
3:00pm – 4:00pm Pick-up
*For lunch, pet parents have the option to bring food for their puppies. An intentional rest period will follow to help teach puppies to relax in new places and avoid overstimulation. A bully stick or peanut butter kong is included in the price and will be given during this time.
**Socialization exercises will consist of weekly themed activities to introduce puppies to new sounds, objects, people and textures. Treats will be given so please let us know if your puppy has any allergies.
Requirements for Puppy’s Day Out:
- Guests must be between 8 weeks and 5 months old and have all age appropriate vaccinations (minimum of first round shots by 8 weeks, with all other shots completed by 16 weeks)
- Occurs every Tuesday of the week; Advanced reservation is required
- Puppy’s Day Out currently available at our Chicago Lincoln Park, Chicago West Loop, Chicago O’Hare, Dallas Richardson, Dallas DFW, Denver, CO, Newton, MA, and Norwalk, CT locations.
- Cost is $20 for the day (multiple pet discount does not apply)
- If you require an early drop off (before 10:00am) or late pick-up (after 4:00pm), an additional cost of $6.50/hour will be added
- Click here for a complete list of COVID-19 safety precautions
To make a reservation, visit MyParadise | MyPooch and select Puppy’s Day Out (under Daycare).
What Can A Puppy Expect During A Regular Daycare Or Boarding Visit?
We have created a special Puppy Program to help introduce your new fur-baby to our resort and help puppies be most successful in transitioning to playgroups long-term. As with young kids, puppies need help learning social cues and can sometimes get over stimulated by all the excitement of their new friends and not know how to take a break. We also follow strict cleaning procedures to minimize risk of illness within a controlled environment of other puppies.
Why A Puppy Program?
- Certain large breed pups are too small for big dog and not appropriate for small dog playgroups
- Puppies need a lot of rest
- It’s beneficial for puppies to learn appropriate behavior from additional people
- Helps keep them safe
- Helps keep them from practicing inappropriate play
What’s Included In A Puppy Play Program?
- Complimentary Playful Pooch Package – Two additional playtimes with a human friend or with other pups (when available)
- In total, up to three play sessions (plus AM/PM potty) throughout the day – 10-15min midday session and 10-15min sessions in the AM and PM (the total number of play sessions received is dependent on when the pup is dropped off/picked up)
- Intended for large breed puppies (up to 7 months of age) who are not ready for group play
- Puppy Socials – Drop in and accompany your pup for an hour of socialization with other puppies and pet parents, get tips from our teams and meet new puppy playmates.
- Check our Facebook page for event times. Any changes or updates to our schedule will be posted there as well.
- Our Puppy Socials are temporarily on hold during times of social distancing.
Requirements for Puppy Socials (temporarily on hold):
- Guests must be between 8 weeks and 6 months old and have all age appropriate vaccinations (minimum of first round shots by 8 weeks, with all other shots completed by 16 weeks)
- Puppies must be supervised by their two-legged parent
- No sign up needed but attendance will be first come first served with a cap of 20 puppies
- Open to new or existing customers
- Pet Parents will need to sign in and complete a waiver for every social
- Cost: there is no fee to attend